Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recipe #333 - Pissaladiere

You know what I call a bad sign? When the first recipe chosen is something you can't even pronounce. Some call this a challenge, I call it bullshit.

There are techincally TWO recipes on this page. One for the Pissaladiere itself (the filling) and the other is for the dough. The picture makes it look sort of like a pizza. Ok. I'm feeling it. Pizza is ALWAYS good. Right?



It was only once I begun to read the ingredients list that I felt a little squicky. This recipe includes two of my least favorite foods. Olives and Anchovies. It almost seems unthinkable that the world hates me so much to make my first challenge include both of these rotten, hellish, ingredients.


Keep calm and carry on, right?


This is what Martha has to say about PIssaladiere:
"Pissaladiere is a specialty of the southern French town of Nice. Named for Pissalat ("salted fish"), this tart always includes anchovies, either whole or pureed, which are spread over the dough before baking."

Oh Martha, even you couldn't make this sound tasty. Luckily, my best friend and husband like these things, so hopefully I will be able to pawn this off on someone when I make it.

So here we go, recipe #1 (also known as recipe #333). If I wasn't nervous before (I was), I definitely am now.

I'm thinking of making this Sunday night that way I have time this weekend to shop for ingredients. Does this sound tasty to you?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, well I'm torn. On one hand, I picked the infamous 333 and thusly sorry. It doesn't sound too great to me either. Hopefully Nate liked it at least a little. Or Qwerty. On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't choose some wussy thing!! ha. Very commendable that you carried on through despite being disgusted by the unappetizing appearance and ingredients.
    BRAVO. You could have wussed out and used another random number. But you didn't. You ma'am, are HARDCORE.
    And I love this new blog already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like the word SQUICKY. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you April. Next time you participate, pick a less shitty number :-*

    ReplyDelete