Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Recipe #87 - Breton Biscuits

I received 13 number suggestions in total. I went to Random.org and plugged in 1-13. #10 was chosen.
See? Would I lie to you? Possibly, but not likely.

So thank you, Katy! You were response #10 and what recipe did you pick? Recipe #87: Breton Biscuits.

Are you wondering, "What the hell is a Breton Biscuit?" Yeah, I was too up until about 5 minutes ago. Here is what Martha has to say about Breton Biscuits:


"These shortbread-like cookies hail from Brittany, a region of France renowned for its delicious butter. Be sure not to underbake them or they will not be crisp enough. Scoring the lattice pattern on the top takes a bit of time, but it's easy to do and the end result is well worth the effort.

So honestly, these look pretty damn simple. The lattice work does look like a pain in the ass, but not difficult. If they taste anything like shortbread I will be quite happy. Who doesn't like shortbread?? I am thinking about making these this weekend and bringing them with me to book club for the ladies (and gents) to sample. As usual, I will keep you updated ;)

--

In other, related, news. I made a lemon meringue pie this morning. It was baked and in the fridge cooling by 10 a.m. This either means that I am a baking rockstar, or I am insane. I haven't yet decided. What really matters is that this pie tastes like pure lemony heaven. Wanna see my stiff peaks?

Please stop looking at my dirty stove in the background.

EXTREME CLOSEUP! WHOAAAAA


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm... I'm glad you chose Breton Biscuits. They sound soooo delicious.

    And I know, I suck. 22!!!!

    ReplyDelete