Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Recipe #100 - Icebox Butter Cookies - The Baking






I have a feeling you might be needing this.
Why? Because I've been a bad, bad blogger. A flogger for the blogger. Get it? I'm not redeeming myself, am I?

So here's the skinny, my babies. I'm LAZY. I know. If you know me, even a little bit, you already know this. First I didn't have ingredients, then my kitchen was messy, then I wanted cupcakes instead of cookies, then I wanted to take a nap. So today, I decided I would just buckle down and make my cookies.

I woke up with a meaaaan craving for cupcakes this morning. It was so mean that I decided to go onto Yelp.com and find a local bakery and drive there and procure said cupcakes. I went to Danville Bakery on Hartz Ave. and picked up some cupcakes to sate my craving. And holy crap. These cupcakes were the most amazing thing I've eaten in YEARS.

So, I did that.

Then Nate messaged me from work saying that he really wanted to make these chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes that he found a recipe for, but the dough has to chill for like 3 hours before you can make the cupcakes. So I went ahead and made the cookie dough and put that in the freezer.

THEN! I did all all of the dishes and started on my cookies.

To recap.
I bought cupcakes, I started to make cupcakes, I started to make cookies.

I have been a dessert machine today.

So I realize that the dough for my icebox cookies needs to chill in the fridge for an hour or up to overnight. I will probably wind up baking them tomorrow as I'm going to be baking Nate's cupcakes tonight, but I figured I would post the start of my cookie bakings today. Mostly because I've gotten a few people bugging me about it. Thank you for that, though. I need a swift kick in the ass sometimes.

These cookies are ridonkulously simple. Look at the ingredients. I bet you have all of this in your cupboards right now.

Butter, Egg, Vanilla, Flour, Sugar, and Salt. The chocolate is optional.


So the recipe says to cream the butter and sugar with a paddle attachment. Doesn't it frigging figure that I can't find my paddle attachment. There really aren't many places that it could be. Regardless, I can't find it anywhere. So, I throw caution to the wind.


My mixer is so sexy.

I used the whisk attachment. I don't think this will make a huge difference, but I'm sure one you culinary types will tell me if I made a big no no. Everything seemed to cream just fine, so I think all will be well with my cookies.

Then you mix in all the rest of the crap. I didn't take a picture because it wasn't that interesting. So then you roll the dough into a log. And it doesn't look that appetizing. But don't let the appearance fool you. I may have licked the whisk....and the spatula....and then scraped the bowl with the spatula and licked it again. I may have done that. And if I did do that, maybe the dough is really really really frigging tasty.
Maybe.
Who's to say for sure. You'll never know.


EAT ME!

This recipe actually makes enough for TWO dough logs. I'm surprised I was able to contain myself and not eat one whole log by myself, unbaked. I'm not that pathetic. Yet.


LOGS. PLURAL!

So, that's all I've got for now. Right now the logs are sitting in my fridge. Waiting for me. Tomorrow I'm supposed to roll them in sanding sugar. I have an idea of what that is and I think I even have some. But I think it is rainbow colored. Will that look tacky? Do I care?

STAY TUNED BITCHES!

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Your flogger made me laugh. : ) And I would like to taste a couple of these cookies. AND, I want to know what kind of cupcake recipe requires hours of refrigeration. Never heard of such a thing. And maybe I should taste one of these cupcakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cupcakes that have cookie dough in the middle. The cookie dough needs to be cold so you can work with it.

    Who are you, anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The logs compliment your counter top wonderfully...or maybe they blend with your counter top, wonderfully?

    --Rebecca

    ReplyDelete